SustainabilityAugust 20, 2019 2020-11-05 10:02
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
Taking Sustainability Mainstream
Infinite economic growth is not possible on a planet of finite resources, so it’s clear the future of commerce is sustainable brands, sustainable supply chains, consumer transparency and personalisation.
While we’re at the forefront of driving that change with our clients, we recognise that today, we work with an industry that is creating a damaging volume of waste, carbon emissions and resource degradation.
Our 3D Impact Strategy is part of our commitment to sustainability, integrity and evolution. Our future depends on all businesses – no matter how big or small they are – making positive steps to evolving all industries to a state of sustainability.
Net Zero Emissions
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change urged that net emissions must be reduced to zero to successfully stabilise our global temperature and stop climate change. This idea was endorsed by many countries and included in the Paris Agreement.
In 2019, the UK was the first G7 country to commit to a target of achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
Businesses have a really important role to play in achieving this target. 15% of companies in the FTSE 100 have committed to being net zero or carbon neutral by 2050. Some companies, like Aviva, are already there.
We decided to join them.
Define: ‘net zero’ or ‘carbon neutral
Working to reduce your emissions and offsetting those you cannot eliminate.
We are dedicated to operating as sustainably as possible, reducing our emissions and treading lightly on the planet.
Aligning with the UN's Sustainable Development Goals
The United Nations Responsible Consumption & Production goal has 12 targets. We have chosen to address these three targets in our Impact Strategy:
- By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources.
- By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
- By 2030, ensure that people everywhere have the relevant information and awareness for sustainable development and lifestyles in harmony with nature.
We’re supporting the regeneration of natural resources via National Forest, the reduction of waste through women’s education and empowerment via Remake, and the provision of relevant sustainability information for the e-commerce industry via our blog.
Aim: Align with global Net Zero Targets and take responsibility for our footprint.
- Becoming a carbon neutral business
- Documenting a business Sustainability Strategy
Aim: Align with the UN’s Responsible Consumption & Production Goal.
- Supporting Remake in reducing the waste and environmental impact of the fashion industry via women’s education and empowerment
- Supporting National Forest in regenerating coal mining landscapes by planting trees and nurturing natural resources
- Influencing sustainable business practices in our network (see our blog for more information)
Aim: Support our local community in reducing landfill and social isolation, and increasing local conservation efforts.
- The Hello Earth team volunteers every quarter to clean up beach waste.
Ready To Drive Your Business Growth?
Book A Discovery Call With Us Today.